- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 709
- Fat Content: 47g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 1.8g
Sausage & kale hash
- potato - 250g white potatoes, cut into chunks
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 small onion, finely sliced
- cumberland-sausages - 4 Cumberland sausages (about 250g), meat squeezed out of the skins
- kale - 100g kale, thick stalks removed
- sage - 1 tbsp sage, finely chopped
- egg - 2 eggs
- brown-sauce - 2 tsp brown sauce (optional)
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water with a little salt. Bring to the boil, cook for 3-4 mins until nearly tender, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Cook the onion for 8-10 mins over a low heat until soft. Add the potatoes and sausagemeat, turn the heat up to medium and brown everything for 5-6 mins. Scatter the kale over and wilt for 2 mins, then stir in the sage.
- Pour in the remaining oil and push the hash to one side of the pan to make room for the eggs. Crack the eggs in and fry to your liking. Divide the hash between two bowls and top with a fried egg.
Christmas brunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has potato, olive oil, onion, cumberland sausages, kale, sage, egg and brown sauce.