- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 757
- Fat Content: 53g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 4.5g
Sausage & mushroom pot pies
- olive-oil - 2 tsp olive oil
- onion - 1 small onion, chopped
- pork-sausage - 6 pork sausages
- chestnut-mushroom - 250g chestnut mushroom, halved
- wholegrain-mustard - 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- creme-fraiche - 4 tbsp low-fat creme fraiche
- parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- ciabatta - 85g ciabatta, torn into small chunks
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened, then push to one side. Squeeze the meat from the sausages and roll into balls. Add to the pan and fry for 5 mins until golden. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins more until softened.
- Season, then stir in the mustard, creme fraiche and 4 tbsp water. Bubble for 2 mins, then remove from the heat and scatter in the parsley.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Transfer sausage mixture to 2 small pie dishes or 1 large baking dish. Toss the ciabatta in the remaining oil, scatter over the top of the pies and bake for 20 mins until golden and bubbling.
Student recipe for 2 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, pork sausage, chestnut mushroom, wholegrain mustard, crème fraîche, parsley and ciabatta.