- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 363
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
Sausage & white bean casserole
- pepper - 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- carrot - 2 carrots, cut into thick slices
- red-onion - 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- chipolata - 8 chipolatas, cut into thirds
- cherry-tomatoes - 400g can peeled cherry tomatoes
- white-beans - 400g can white beans, drained
- chicken-stock - 200ml low-salt chicken stock
- dijon-mustard - 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- peas - 100g frozen peas
- potatoes - potatoes, pasta or rice, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Roast the pepper, carrots and onion in a deep baking dish for 15 mins. Add the sausages and roast for a further 10 mins.
- Reduce oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, tip in the tomatoes and beans, then stir in the stock. Cook for another 35 mins. Stir in the mustard and peas and return to the oven for 5 mins. Rest for 10 mins, then serve with potatoes, pasta or rice.
Healthy family recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has pepper, carrot, red onion, chipolata, cherry tomatoes, white beans, chicken stock, dijon mustard, peas and potatoes.