- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 860
- Fat Content: 41g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17g
- Carbohydrate Content: 88g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Sodium Content: 3.75g
Sausageball pasta bake
- sausagemeat - 450g sausagemeat
- breadcrumb - 50g fresh white breadcrumb
- rosemary - 1 tsp thyme or rosemary leaves, chopped
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- passata - 500g carton passata
- tomato-paste - 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- pasta - 300g fusilli or other pasta shapes
- savoy-cabbage - 1/2 small Savoy cabbage, cut into 1cm-wide slices
- mozzarella - 250g ball mozzarella, cubed
- parmesan - 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- Put the sausagemeat, breadcrumbs and thyme or rosemary in a bowl and mix to combine. Shape into 20 small balls.
- Heat oil in a wide pan and cook the sausageballs for 10 mins until nicely browned. Add passata and tomato paste, cover and simmer gently for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta following pack instructions, adding the cabbage for the final 5 mins of cooking time. Drain cabbage and pasta, toss with the sauce and spoon into a heatproof dish.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Push mozzarella cubes into the top of the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 15-20 mins until bubbling and crusty.
Pasta bake recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has sausagemeat, breadcrumb, rosemary, olive oil, passata, tomato paste, pasta, savoy cabbage, mozzarella and parmesan.Add to Favourites