- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 133
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 0.3g
- Sodium Content: 0.01g
- Line a 22 x 18cm tray with baking parchment. Put the butter and 150ml water in apanover a low heat, and melt the butter (don't let the water boil). Tip in the sugar and dissolve, stirring often.
- Bring the water to the boil, turn down to a simmer, then add the condensed milk. The mixture will be a light creamy colour.
- Cook for 20-30 mins, stirring often, until the mixture is thick and a deep caramel colour.
- To test, drop a little mixture onto a cold side plate, it should not run and should be thick and sticky after 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and beat for 10-15 mins until it has slightly thickened. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool for 30 mins before cutting into squares.
Edible gift recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has butter, caster sugar and sweetened condensed milk.