- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 650
- Fat Content: 48g
- Saturated Fat Content: 28g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 33g
- Fiber Content: 1.5g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Scrumptious strawberry pavlova
- vinegar - 2 tsp vinegar, any type
- vanilla-extract - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- cornflour - 2 tsp cornflour
- egg-white - 4 large egg whites
- light-muscovado-sugar - 100g light muscovado sugar
- golden-caster-sugar - 100g golden caster sugar
- hazelnut - 25g hazelnuts
- strawberry - 600g strawberries
- cassis - 3 tbsp cassis (blackcurrant liquer)
- double-cream - 568ml carton double cream
- Preheat the oven to 140C/gas 1/ fan 120C. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick parchment.
- Blend the vinegar, vanilla and cornflour to a paste. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugars, adding a little paste with each addition, until a thick marshmallowy meringue is formed.
- Spread it out to a 20cm circle on the baking sheet, swirling the knife to make peaks. Scatter over the nuts and bake for 1 hour, then turn off the oven and leave it to cool.
- Sieve 100g/4oz strawberries into a bowl. Stir in the cassis. Whip the cream softly. Slice half the strawberries and fold into the cream. Then swirl in 3 tbsp sauce.
- Put the pavlova on a flat plate. Spoon in the cream, scatter on the strawberries, drizzle with sauce.
Retro party recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has vinegar, vanilla extract, cornflour, egg white, light muscovado sugar, golden caster sugar, hazelnut, strawberry, cassis and double cream.