- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 202
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 0.26g
Sea bass with sizzled ginger, chilli & spring onions
- sea-bass - 6 x sea bass fillets, about 140g/5oz each, skin on and scaled
- sunflower-oil - about 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- ginger - large knob of ginger, peeled and shredded into matchsticks
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- red-chilli - 3 fat, fresh red chillies deseeded and thinly shredded
- spring-onion - bunch spring onion, shredded long-ways
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Season 6 sea bass fillets with salt and pepper, then slash the skin 3 times.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan and add 1 tbsp sunflower oil.
- Once hot, fry the sea bass fillets, skin-side down, for 5 mins or until the skin is very crisp and golden. The fish will be almost cooked through.
- Turn over, cook for another 30 seconds - 1 minute, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm. You'll need to fry the sea bass fillets in 2 batches.
- Heat 2 tbsp sunflower oil, then fry the large knob of peeled ginger, cut into matchsticks, 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves and 3 thinly shredded red chillies for about 2 mins until golden.
- Take off the heat and toss in the bunch of shredded spring onions. Splash the fish with 1 tbsp soy sauce and spoon over the contents of the pan.
Immune-friendly recipe for 6 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has sea bass, sunflower oil, ginger, garlic clove, red chilli, spring onion and soy sauce.