- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 42
- Fat Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.02g
Sesame & chilli pancakes with tzatziki
- gluten-free-flour - 100g gluten-free flour (we used Doves Farm, widely available)
- egg - 1 egg
- yogurt - 150ml soya yogurt
- red-chilli - 1 green and 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- spring-onion - 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- coriander - 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- sesame-seed - 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- oil - a little oil for frying
- greek-yogurt - 150g Greek yogurt
- cucumber - 13cm/5in cucumber, deseeded and grated
- mint - 2 tbsp chopped mint
- Whizz the flour, egg, yogurt and 2 tbsp water together in a food processor to form a smooth batter. tip into a bowl, then stir in the chillies, spring onions, coriander and sesame seeds. Cover and chill until required.
- To make the tzatziki, mix the yogurt, cucumber and mint together, season to taste, then chill.
- Heat a small frying pan with a splash of oil, wiping out excess oil with kitchen paper. fry the pancake mixture a dessertspoonful at a time, for 1 min on each side, until lightly browned. tip onto a plate and keep warm. pile onto a large platter, top with a dollop of tzatziki and some extra sliced spring onions and serve warm.
Gluten-free recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has gluten-free flour, egg, yogurt, red chilli, spring onion, coriander, sesame seed, oil, greek yogurt, cucumber and mint.