- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 340
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 1.25g
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 2 red onions, chopped
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, sliced
- coriander - small bunch coriander, stalks and leaves chopped separately
- cherry-tomato - 2 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- caster-sugar - 1 tsp caster sugar
- egg - 4 eggs
- Heat the oil in a frying pan that has a lid, then soften the onions, chilli, garlic and coriander stalks for 5 mins until soft. Stir in the tomatoes and sugar, then bubble for 8-10 mins until thick. Can be frozen for 1 month.
- Using the back of a large spoon, make 4 dips in the sauce, then crack an egg into each one. Put a lid on the pan, then cook over a low heat for 6-8 mins, until the eggs are done to your liking. Scatter with the coriander leaves and serve with crusty bread.
Dairy-free breakfast recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, red onion, red chilli, garlic clove, coriander, cherry tomato, caster sugar and egg.