- Serving: 4 for lunch or as a starter
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 436
- Fat Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 2.4g
Shaved pear, cheese & bresaola salad
- walnut-half - 100g walnut half
- pear - 2 crisp pears, blushing pink if possible
- chicory - 2 heads red chicory or radicchio, broken into leaves
- bresaola - 100g bresaola (thinly sliced, cured beef)
- dolcelatte - 140g dolcelatte or your favourite local soft blue cheese, sliced
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp virgin olive or rapeseed oil
- port - 2 tbsp red wine or port
- balsamic-vinegar - 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- golden-caster-sugar - 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Toast the nuts and make the dressing first as they will need to cool. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the walnuts onto a baking tray and toast for 5 mins or until dark golden. Cool. Put the wine or Port in a small saucepan with the vinegar and sugar. Boil for 3 mins or until slightly syrupy (it will thicken as it cools, so don't get carried away), then take off the heat and set aside.
- When ready to serve, shave thin slices from the pears using a large sharp knife, mandolin or potato peeler. Mingle them together with the leaves, bresaola, cheese and nuts on a large platter. Season the dressing, then drizzle over the salad, followed by the oil. Enjoy straight away.
Italian recipe for 4 for lunch or as a starter people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has walnut half, pear, chicory, bresaola, dolcelatte, rapeseed oil, port, balsamic vinegar and golden caster sugar.