- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 188
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Place the butter and 140g sugar in afood processorand whizz until smooth.
- Tip in both the flours and a pinch of salt, then whizz until mixture comes together.
- Using your hands, roughly spread the mixture out in a 20 x 30 x 4cm baking tray. Cover with cling film and smooth over until there are no wrinkles. Place in the fridge, uncooked, for at least 30 mins and up to 2 days.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Remove cling film, then lightly mark the shortbread all over with a fork.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar, then bake for 20-25 mins.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into 24 thin slices. Shortbread will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Easy biscuit recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar, plain flour and rice flour.Add to Favourites