- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 310
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 5.5g
Sichuan chicken wings
- chicken-wings - 800g chicken wings
- baking-powder - 1 tbsp baking powder
- sichuan-peppercorns - 1 1/2 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- chilli-flakes - 1 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- shaoxing-wine - 3 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- garlic-and-ginger-paste - 1 1/2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- soy-sauce - 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- soy-sauce - 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- sesame-oil - 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- palm-sugar - 3 tbsp palm sugar
- peanuts - chopped peanuts
- chilli-flakes - chilli flakes
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Toss the chicken in 1 tsp salt and the baking powder - this is the secret to getting crispy skin! Put the wings on a wire rack set over an oven tray. Bake for 30 mins, turning halfway, then turn the heat up to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and cook for 20 mins more.
- Meanwhile, toast the peppercorns and chilli flakes until fragrant, about 2 mins, then grind using apestle and mortar. Tip into a saucepan, then add the rest of the ingredients apart from the chopped peanuts and chilli flakes. Whisk to combine, then cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins until thickened and bubbling. Set aside.
- Take the chicken off the rack and tip onto the tray, then coat in the glaze. Return to the oven for 5 mins until bubbling and sticky. Serve the chicken scattered with the peanuts and chilli flakes.
Chinese recipe for 4 people, takes only 55 mins; recipe has chicken wings, baking powder, sichuan peppercorns, chilli flakes, shaoxing wine, garlic and ginger paste, soy sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, palm sugar, peanuts and chilli flakes.