- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 447
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 2g
Sichuan-style pork & green bean stir-fry
- basmati-rice - 100g basmati rice
- green-bean - 200g green bean, topped and tailed, then halved
- sunflower-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
- pork-mince - 140g pork mince
- dark-soy-sauce - 4 tsp dark soy sauce
- rice-wine - 2 tsp rice wine
- caster-sugar - 1 tsp caster sugar
- sichuan-pepper - 1/4 tsp Sichuan pepper, lightly crushed using a pestle and mortar
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, halved and sliced
- garlic-clove - 4 fat garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ginger - 1 small knob of ginger, finely chopped
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, 2 finely chopped, 1 sliced for garnish
- sesame-oil - 2 tsp sesame oil
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Boil the beans for 4 mins, then drain under cold water, pat dry and set aside.
- In a large non-stick wok or frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of the oil. Add the pork mince and fry for a few mins, breaking up into small pieces with the back of a spoon. Stir in half the soy, the rice wine and sugar and cook for 30 secs more. When the meat is cooked through, tip onto a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the pepper, chilli, garlic, ginger and chopped onions, and stir-fry for 2 mins until ginger and garlic are softened. Tip in the beans, heat through, then add the mince - stir-fry for 2 mins until hot. Stir in the rest of the soy and sesame oil. Scatter with spring onions and serve with rice.
Cheap eat recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has basmati rice, green bean, sunflower oil, pork mince, dark soy sauce, rice wine, caster sugar, sichuan pepper, red chilli, garlic clove, ginger, spring onion and sesame oil.