- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 308
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Simple grilled fish with Moroccan spiced tomatoes
- red-pepper - 3 large red peppers, halved and deseeded
- tomato - 6 ripe large tomatoes
- olive-oil - 50ml/ 2 fl oz olive oil
- garlic-clove - 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- black-pepper - 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- paprika - 1 tbsp ground paprika
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- cayenne - pinch of cayenne
- sea-bream - 4 skinless sea bream fillets (about 140g/5oz each)
- parsley - small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- coriander - small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat grill to High. Place the peppers, skin side up, on a baking tray and place under the grill for 10-15 mins until black and blistered. Remove and place in a bowl covered tightly with cling film to cool.
- Meanwhile, to skin the tomatoes, bring a small pan of water to the boil and fill a large bowl with ice-cold water. Cut a small cross into the skin of the bottom of each tomato, then plunge into the hot water, leave for just 10 secs, then scoop out with a slotted spoon and place into the cold water. Repeat with all of the tomatoes then, using a small knife, carefully peel away the skin. Cut into quarters, discard the seeds, then dice. When the peppers are cool, remove the burnt skins, then cut the peppers into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the garlic, spices and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, then cook for 2 mins. Add the tomatoes and peppers and continue cooking over a medium heat for about 20 mins, or until the tomatoes are very soft. Smash the softened tomatoes with the back of a spoon and continue cooking for another 10 mins, or until the liquid is reduced to a sauce.
- Heat grill to High. Place the fish on a baking tray lined with lightly oiled foil. Season, and grill for 4-5 mins until cooked through. Divide the sauce between serving plates, place the fish on top and serve scattered with the chopped herbs.
Paleo recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has red pepper, tomato, olive oil, garlic clove, black pepper, paprika, ground cumin, cayenne, sea bream, parsley and coriander.