- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 422
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Sodium Content: 2.3g
Simple seafood chowder
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- streaky-bacon - 100g streaky bacon, chopped
- plain-flour - 1 tbsp plain flour
- fish-stock - 600ml fish stock, made from 1 fish stock cube
- new-potato - 225g new potato, halved
- mace - pinch mace
- cayenne-pepper - pinch cayenne pepper
- milk - 300ml milk
- fish - 320g pack fish pie mix (salmon, haddock and smoked haddock)
- single-cream - 4 tbsp single cream
- shellfish - 250g pack cooked mixed shellfish
- parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- crusty-bread - crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then add the onion and bacon. Cook for 8-10 mins until the onion is soft and the bacon is cooked. Stir in the flour, then cook for a further 2 mins.
- Pour in the fish stock and bring it up to a gentle simmer. Add the potatoes, cover, then simmer for 10-12 mins until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the mace, cayenne pepper and some seasoning, then stir in the milk.
- Tip the fish pie mix into the pan, gently simmer for 4 mins. Add the cream and shellfish, then simmer for 1 min more. Check the seasoning. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with some crusty bread.
Holiday-at-home recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, onion, streaky bacon, plain flour, fish stock, new potato, mace, cayenne pepper, milk, fish, single cream, shellfish, parsley and crusty bread.Add to Favourites