- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 731
- Fat Content: 39g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 63g
- Sodium Content: 0.87g
Slow-cooked lamb with onions & thyme
- Firstly, prepare the lamb. Heat oven to 160C/fan140C/gas 3. Wipe the meat all over and season well. Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large heavy flameproof casserole, add the meat and fry all over on a fairly high heat for about 8 mins, turning until it is evenly well browned. Remove to a plate.
- Thinly slice the onions. Add to the pan and fry for about 10 mins, until softened and tinged with brown. Add a few of the thyme sprigs and cook for a further minute or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sit the lamb on top of the onions, then add the wine. Cover tightly. Bake for 3 hrs. You can make to this stage up to 2 days in advance, then reheat for 45 mins.
- To finish off, strip the leaves from 2 thyme sprigs and chop them with the parsley. Scatter over before serving.
Five ingredients or less recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has lamb, onion, thyme, red wine and parsley.