- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2 adults + 2 children
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 382
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Sodium Content: 0.88g
Slow cooker chicken casserole
- butter - knob of butter
- rapeseed - 1/2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- flour - 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- chicken - 650g boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- potato - 400g baby new potatoes, halved
- celery - 2 sticks celery, diced
- carrot - 2 carrots, diced
- mushrooms - 250g mushrooms, quartered
- porcini-mushroom - 15g dried porcini mushroom, soaked in 50ml boiling water
- chicken-stock - 500ml stock made with 2 very low salt chicken stock cubes (we used Kallo)
- dijon-mustard - 2 tsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
- bay-leaves - 2 bay leaves
- Heat a knob of butter and 1/2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil in a largefrying pan,cook 1 finely chopped large onion for 8-10 mins until softened and starting to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, put 1 1/2 tbsp flour and a little salt and pepper in a bowl and toss 650g boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets in it.
- Add 3 crushed garlic cloves and the chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 mins more until the chicken is starting to brown.
- Transfer to yourslow cooker, along with 400g halved baby new potatoes, 2 diced celery sticks, 2 diced carrots, 250g quartered mushrooms, 15g dried and soaked porcini mushrooms with the 50ml soaking liquid, 500ml chicken stock, 2 tsp Dijon mustard and 2 bay leaves.
- Give it a good stir. Cook on Low for 7 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve with a little Dijon mustard on the side.
Healthy chicken recipe for 2 adults + 2 children people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter, rapeseed, onion, flour, chicken, garlic clove, potato, celery, carrot, mushrooms, porcini mushroom, chicken stock, dijon mustard and bay leaves.