- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 447
- Fat Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Sodium Content: 2.9g
Slow cooker Spanish chicken
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 Spanish onion, halved and sliced
- chicken-thigh - 12 large bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- chorizo - 225g pack chorizo picante, thickly sliced
- peppers - pack of 3 mixed colour peppers, cut into chunks
- olives - 150g (drained weight) pitted Spanish pimento stuffed green olives
- dry-white-wine - 300ml dry white wine (serve the rest of the bottle with the meal)
- chicken-stock - 300ml chicken stock
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a largefrying pan. Fry 1 sliced Spanish onion for about 5 mins until golden.
- Tip into theslow cookerpot (we used a 6.5-litre model), then fry 12 large bone-in skinless chicken thighs and 225g thickly sliced chorizo picante in the same pan until starting to colour - you will need to do this in two batches.
- Add to the slow cooker with 3 mixed colour peppers, cut into chunks and 150g pitted Spanish pimento stuffed green olives.
- Tip 300ml dry white wine, 300ml chicken stock and 1 tbsp tomato puree into the pan.
- Scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom, then tip into the slow cooker, cover and cook on Low for 6 hrs.
Slow cooker recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, chicken thigh, chorizo, peppers, olives, dry white wine, chicken stock and tomato purée.