- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 500
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 44g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Sodium Content: 2.4g
Smoked mackerel, parsnip & Puy lentil salad
- parsnip - 500g parsnips, peeled and cut into small cubes
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- clear-honey - 1 tsp clear honey
- lemon - 2 lemons, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- horseradish - 2 tsp creamed horseradish
- watercress - 100g bag watercress
- puy-lentils - 2 x 250g pouches ready-to-eat Puy lentils
- smoked-mackerel - 4 smoked mackerel fillets, flaked
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the parsnips with half the olive oil and some seasoning. Roast for 20 mins, drizzle with the honey, then roast for 10 mins more or until the parsnips are golden, sticky and tender. Meanwhile, make a dressing. Mix together the lemon juice, the horseradish and the remaining oil in a large bowl.
- Toss the parsnips, watercress and lentils into the dressing, then divide between 4 plates. Top with the smoked mackerel and serve with the lemon wedges.
Christmas leftovers recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has parsnip, olive oil, clear honey, lemon, horseradish, watercress, puy lentils and smoked mackerel.