- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 440
- Fat Content: 41g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17g
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 2.26g
Smoked mackerel pâté with French bread & horseradish
- butter - 25g unsalted butter, melted
- lemon - zest 1/2 lemon
- smoked-mackerel - 160g pack smoked mackerel (split fillets), skinned
- spring-onion - 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- butter - 15g unsalted butter, plus extra to serve
- horseradish - 1 tsp hot horseradish sauce, plus extra to serve
- parsley - 1 tsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus a few leaves
- bread - French bread, to serve
- Tip the melted butter, lemon zest, mackerel and spring onion into a food processor and blend until smooth. Spoon into a ramekin and smooth the top.
- For the topping, melt the 15g butter with the horseradish, then stir in the parsley. Carefully spoon over the pate to cover it. Press some parsley leaves on top, grind over some black pepper and chill to set the butter. Serve the ramekin of pate with French bread, butter and extra horseradish sauce.
Posh budget recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, lemon, smoked mackerel, spring onion, butter, horseradish, parsley and bread.