- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 268
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Smoked trout & cucumber open sandwiches
- trout - 125g pack skinless hot-smoked trout fillets
- quark - 1/2 a 250g tub quark
- horseradish - 1/2 -1 tsp horseradish sauce
- lemon-juice - squeeze lemon juice
- bread - 2 thick slices granary bread
- cucumber - 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- watercress - 25g watercress
- cherry-tomato - 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, to serve
- Flake the fish into a large bowl, then stir in the quark and horseradish sauce to taste. Season with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Toast the bread, then top each piece with cucumber slices and watercress. Spoon half the trout pate on top of each and serve with halved cherry tomatoes on the side.
Healthy sandwich recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has trout, quark, horseradish, lemon juice, bread, cucumber, watercress and cherry tomato.