- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 341
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Sodium Content: 0.92g
Smoky beef stew
- stewing-beef - 1kg stewing beef, cut into large chunks
- onion - 2 onions, chopped
- tomato - 800g (2 cans) chopped tomatoes
- paprika - 2 tsp each sweet paprika, ground cumin and mild chilli powder
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- caster-sugar - 2 tbsp caster sugar
- butter-bean - 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oven to 160C/ 140C fan/gas 3. Mix the beef, onions, tomatoes, spices, vinegar and sugar in a casserole dish. Cover and bake for 2 1/2 hrs. Stir in the beans and bake for 30 mins more (with the lid off if the casserole is a little wet or lid on if good consistency), until the beef is tender.
- Cool, then freeze in 6-8 portions in small food bags or plastic containers. Defrost in microwave or overnight in fridge, then heat in the morning and transfer to a thermos container, or heat in the microwave at lunchtime.
Low-calorie lunch recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has stewing beef, onion, tomato, paprika, white wine vinegar, caster sugar and butter bean.