- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 577
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 60g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Smoky Mexican meatball stew
- olive-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- mince - 400g beef mince
- breadcrumb - 50g fresh white breadcrumb
- coriander - 1 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- chipotle-paste - 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle paste
- basmati-rice - 200g basmati rice
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- kidney-bean - 400g can kidney bean, drained and rinsed
- coriander - small handful coriander, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onion for 8-10 mins until soft, then remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, place the mince, breadcrumbs, spices and chipotle paste in a bowl, season generously and mix thoroughly. Roll mixture into 20 walnut-sized meatballs. Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the meatballs for about 8 mins until brown all over.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions. Return the onion to the pan, adding the tomatoes, as well as a can full of water. Simmer for 5 mins, then add the kidney beans and cook for a further 10 mins, until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs are cooked through. Season the meatballs, scatter with coriander and serve with the rice.
Mexican recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, mince, breadcrumb, coriander, chipotle paste, basmati rice, chopped tomato, kidney bean and coriander.