- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 92
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.06g
Snowy chocolate crackle biscuits
- dark-chocolate - 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- unsalted-butter - 125g unsalted butter, softened
- soft-light-brown-sugar - 300g soft light brown sugar
- egg - 2 eggs
- plain-flour - 150g plain flour
- cocoa-powder - 60g cocoa powder
- baking-powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- milk - 2-3 tbsp milk
- icing-sugar - 100g icing sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (make sure the base doesn't touch the water), or in amicrowavein short bursts. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the butter and sugar using electric beaters, then beat in the eggs, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and chocolate. Pour in the milk to make a soft dough, but don't overmix it. Cover and chill for 1 hr.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line one or two baking sheets with parchment. Put the icing sugar in a bowl. Scoop heaped tablespoons of dough and roll each ball in your hands before dropping it into the icing sugar and rolling it around. Put on baking sheets and repeat, spacing the balls apart.
- Bake for about 12-15 mins until the biscuits feel firm when touched. The biscuits should puff up and cracks should open up, too. Leave to cool on the trays, then transfer towire racksto cool completely.Will keep for up to a week in an airtight container.
Edible gift recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has dark chocolate, unsalted butter, soft light brown sugar, egg, plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, milk and icing sugar.