- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 174
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Sole goujons with mango & lime dip
- plaice - 4 skinless sole or plaice fillets, each about 85g
- plain-flour - 50g plain flour
- egg - 2 large eggs
- breadcrumb - 200g panko or coarse dried breadcrumbs
- curry-powder - 4 tsp medium curry powder
- sea-salt - 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- oil - spray oil
- creme-fraiche - 100g half-fat creme fraiche
- mayonnaise - 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- mango-chutney - 2 tbsp mango chutney
- lime - finely grated zest 1 lime
- lime - juice 1 lime
- coriander - small pack coriander, leaves only, finely chopped
- Put the fish on a board and cut each fillet on the diagonal into about 12 slivers. You should end up with around 48 finger-sized pieces of fish. Put the flour in a bowl and season.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Sprinkle half the breadcrumbs into a large bowl and stir in half the curry powder. Toss the fish pieces with the seasoned flour, then take one at a time and dip into the beaten egg, then coat in breadcrumbs evenly.
- Put on a tray lined with baking parchment while the rest are prepared, adding the reserved breadcrumbs and remaining curry powder to the large bowl after coating roughly half the fish pieces. Spray all the fish generously with oil and season again. Can be covered with cling film at this stage and kept in the fridge for up to 8 hrs before baking (or to freeze, see tips below, left.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Bake the goujons for 8-10 mins until golden and crisp. To make the dipping sauce, mix all the ingredients in a bowl, then soon into a serving dish or dishes.
Buffet recipe for 12 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has plaice, plain flour, egg, breadcrumb, curry powder, sea salt, oil, crème fraîche, mayonnaise, mango chutney, lime, lime and coriander.