- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 400
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 16g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Spaghetti puttanesca with red beans & spinach
- wholemeal-spaghetti - 100g wholemeal spaghetti
- onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- cherry-tomatoes - 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- cider-vinegar - 2 tsp cider vinegar
- capers - 1 tbsp capers
- kalamata-olives - 5 Kalamata olives, halved
- smoked-paprika - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- kidney-beans - 210g can kidney beans, drained
- spinach-leaves - 160g spinach leaves
- parsley - small handful of chopped parsley
- basil-leaves - small handful of basil leaves
- Cook the spaghetti in simmering water for 10-12 mins until al dente. Meanwhile, fry the onion in the oil in a large non-stick frying pan with a lid until tender and turning golden. Stir in the chilli, garlic and cherry tomatoes.
- Add the vinegar, capers, olives and paprika with a ladleful of pasta water. Stir in the beans and cook until warmed through.
- Add the spinach to the pasta water to wilt, then drain well. Toss with the tomato and bean mixture and the parsley and basil, then pile onto plates or in shallow bowls to serve.
Healthy summer recipe for 2 people, takes only 17 mins; recipe has wholemeal spaghetti, onion, rapeseed oil, red chilli, garlic cloves, cherry tomatoes, cider vinegar, capers, kalamata olives, smoked paprika, kidney beans, spinach leaves, parsley and basil leaves.