- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 495
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 77g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 1.07g
Spaghetti with sardines
- spaghetti - 400g spaghetti
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- chilli-flakes - pinch chilli flakes
- chopped-tomato - 227g can chopped tomato
- sardine - 2 x 95g cans skinless and boneless sardines in tomato sauce
- black-olive - 100g pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- caper - 1 tbsp capers, drained
- parsley - small handful parsley, chopped
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the oil in a medium pan and cook the garlic for 1 min. Add the chilli flakes, tomatoes and sardines, breaking up roughly with a wooden spoon. Heat for 2-3 mins, then stir in the olives, capers and most of the parsley. Mix well to combine.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a couple of tbsp of the water. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well, adding the reserved water if the sauce is a little thick. Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
Cholesterol-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has spaghetti, olive oil, garlic clove, chilli flakes, chopped tomato, sardine, black olive, caper and parsley.