- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 369
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 1.05g
Spanish seafood rice
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- pepper - 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- paella-rice - 250g paella rice
- vegetable-stock - 850ml hot vegetable stock (we used Kallo very low salt stock)
- saffron - pinch saffron
- seafood-mix - 400g seafood mix (we used a bag of frozen mixed seafood, defrosted before use)
- lemon - juice 1/2 small lemon
- flat-leaf-parsley - small handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and soften the onion for 6-7 mins. Add the pepper and garlic, cook for 2 mins more, then stir in the paella rice and cook for 1 min, stirring to coat.
- Pour in the stock, add the saffron and bring to the boil. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble, for 20 mins, stirring occasionally until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the seafood and lemon juice and cook for 2 mins or until piping hot and completely cooked through. Serve in warm bowls scattered with the parsley.
Holiday-at-home recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, pepper, garlic clove, paella rice, vegetable stock, saffron, seafood mix, lemon and flat-leaf parsley.