- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 253
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Spanish stuffed marrow
- marrow - 1 marrow
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, diced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- chorizo - 100g chorizo, chopped
- smoked-paprika - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- cayenne-pepper - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- thyme - 1/2 tsp each dried oregano and dried thyme
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- red-pepper - 140g roasted red pepper from a jar, sliced
- parsley - handful parsley, chopped
- breadcrumb - 85g fresh breadcrumb
- manchego - 100g manchego, grated
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the marrow in half lengthways and scoop out the middle. Put the halves, cut-side up, in a large roasting tin and season.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and sweat on a low heat for 10 mins until soft. Add the garlic, chorizo, spices and dried herbs. Cook for a few mins, then add the tomatoes and peppers. Turn down to a low simmer and cook for 10 mins, then stir through the parsley.
- Spoon the tomato mixture into the marrow halves, cover with foil and bake for 30 mins. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and Manchego, and return to the oven for 10 mins until the crumbs are golden and crisp, and the marrow is tender.
5:2 diet recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has marrow, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, chorizo, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, chopped tomato, red pepper, parsley, breadcrumb and manchego.