- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 404
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Special fried rice with prawns & chorizo
- basmati-rice - 100g basmati rice or long-grain rice
- frozen-pea - 85g frozen pea
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- chorizo - 50g finely diced chorizo, bacon or ham
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, chopped
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, sliced on an angle
- red-pepper - 1/2 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- five-spice-powder - good pinch five spice powder
- soy-sauce - 1 tsp soy sauce
- beansprout - 100g beansprout (optional)
- prawn - 50g peeled prawn
- Boil the rice following pack instructions, adding the peas for the final min. Drain.
- Heat half the oil in a wok. Pour in the egg and stir-fry until scrambled. Tip onto a plate and set aside.
- Wipe the wok with kitchen paper, then heat the remaining oil. Toss in the meat, garlic, spring onions and pepper, and stir-fry until the pepper starts to soften. Add the five-spice, rice, peas and soy, then stir-fry for 5 mins more. Finally add the beansprouts, if using, the egg and prawns, and stir-fry to heat through.
Healthy prawn recipe for 2 people, takes only 18 mins; recipe has basmati rice, frozen pea, sunflower oil, egg, chorizo, garlic clove, spring onion, red pepper, five spice powder, soy sauce, beansprout and prawn.