- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 286
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 1.68g
Speedy meatball stew
- potato - 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- meatball - 250g small lean beef meatball
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- rosemary - 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- passata - 560ml jar passata
- frozen-pea - 200g frozen pea
- parmesan - few parmesan shavings, to serve (optional)
- Boil the potatoes for 10 mins until tender. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan. Season the meatballs, then brown them all over for about 5 mins. Remove from the pan, drain off any excess fat, then add the onion, garlic and rosemary. Fry gently for 5 mins.
- Add passata to the pan, bring to a simmer, then add the meatballs. Simmer for 5 mins or until everything is cooked through. Add the potatoes and peas, then simmer for 1 min. Pack into a flask or reheat at work, add Parmesan, if using, and eat with good crusty bread.
Low-calorie lunch recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has potato, olive oil, meatball, onion, garlic clove, rosemary, passata, frozen pea and parmesan.