- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 472
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Fat Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Spelt spaghetti with chilli, sprouting broccoli & pancetta
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- banana-shallot - 2 banana shallots, finely sliced
- garlic-cloves - 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- red-chillies - 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- spelt - 350g wholegrain spelt spaghetti
- purple-sprouting-broccoli - 300g purple sprouting broccoli, stalks sliced, heads left whole
- pancetta - 140-160g pack pancetta cubes
- brown-bread - 2 pieces brown bread, torn into small pieces
- goat's-cheese - 100g goat's cheese
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the shallots, garlic, most of the chilli and some seasoning. Cook gently for about 10 mins until softened.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions, adding the broccoli for the final 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in another pan. Add the pancetta, sizzling until the fat is released and the cubes are turning crisp. Tip in the bread and seasoning, and fry to make golden croutons. Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving a few tbsp of cooking water.
- Toss the pasta into the shallot mixture, adding enough cooking water to help the sauce coat the pasta. Check the seasoning, then sprinkle with the croutons, pancetta, remaining chilli and the goat's cheese. Drizzle over a little olive oil and serve straight away.
Quick and easy family recipe for 4 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has olive oil, banana shallot, garlic cloves, red chillies, spelt, purple sprouting broccoli, pancetta, brown bread and goat’s cheese.