- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 272
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Spiced cod with quinoa salad & mint chutney
- quinoa - 40g quinoa (or 85g pre-cooked quinoa)
- mint - 3 tbsp chopped mint
- coriander - 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- natural-yogurt - 150g pot 0% natural yogurt
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- turmeric - 1/4 tsp turmeric
- cumin-seed - pinch of cumin seeds
- fish - 2 x 150g chunky fillets skinless white fish, such as sustainable cod
- cucumber - 1/4 cucumber, finely diced
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- tomato - 4 tomatoes, chopped
- lemon-juice - good squeeze of lemon juice
- Tip the quinoa (if not pre-cooked) into a pan, cover with water and boil, covered, for 25 mins, checking the water level to make sure it doesn't boil dry. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp each of the mint and coriander in a bowl. Add the yogurt and garlic, and blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Stir 2 tbsp of the herby yogurt with the turmeric and cumin, then add the fish and turn in the mixture to completely coat.
- Turn the grill to High. Arrange the fish in a shallow heatproof dish and grill for 8-10 mins, depending on thickness, until it flakes. Toss the quinoa with the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, lemon juice and remaining herbs. Spoon onto a plate, add the fish and spoon round the mint chutney, or add it at the table.
Whole foods recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has quinoa, mint, coriander, natural yogurt, garlic clove, turmeric, cumin seed, fish, cucumber, red onion, tomato and lemon juice.