- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 791
- Fat Content: 41g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 65g
- Sugar Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Sodium Content: 3.1g
Spiced lamb & feta gozleme with special tomato sauce
- fast-action-dried-yeast - 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- golden-caster-sugar - 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- plain-flour - 250g plain flour
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to finish
- lamb-mince - 500g pack lamb mince
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- ground-coriander - 2 tsp ground coriander
- ground-cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- chilli-powder - 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- raisin - 50g raisin
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- pine-nut - 50g toasted pine nut
- feta-cheese - 100g feta cheese
- tomato-ketchup - 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- pomegranate-molasses - 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- red-onion - 1 tbsp very finely chopped red onion
- For the dough, mix the yeast, sugar and 175ml lukewarm water in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve the yeast, then set aside for 10 mins, or until the liquid starts to froth.
- Mix the flour with 1/2 tsp salt in a big bowl. Make a well in the centre, pour in the yeasty mixture and olive oil, and mix to a dough. Knead for 10 mins, then put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with oiled cling film. Leave somewhere quite warm until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the mince and fry, breaking up lumps as you go, until well browned. Stir in the garlic, spices and raisins, and fry for a few more mins, then turn off the heat and stir in the lemon zest, spring onions, pine nuts and seasoning. Set aside to cool a little.
- Divide the dough into 4. Working a piece at a time, roll out on a lightly floured surface to 25 x 30cm, without the dough splitting. With a long edge of the pastry laying in front of you, spoon 1/4 of the mince on the bottom half - leaving a 2cm border all round. Crumble over 1/4 of the feta. Fold the other half of the dough over the filling, folding in and pinching the edges to seal in the lamb. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and brush the gozleme all over with oil.
- Cook in batches for 3-5 mins on each side, or until golden and heated through. Quickly mix the tomato ketchup, pomegranate and onion, and serve with the hot, crispy gozleme.
Turkish recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has fast-action dried yeast, golden caster sugar, plain flour, olive oil, olive oil, lamb mince, garlic clove, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground cinnamon, chilli powder, raisin, lemon, spring onion, pine nut, feta cheese, tomato ketchup, pomegranate molasses and red onion.Add to Favourites