- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 466
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Spiced lamb kebabs with pea & herb couscous
- lamb - 400g lean lamb shoulder, cut into 3cm cubes
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- cayenne-pepper - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- smoked-paprika - 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- cherry-tomato - 24 cherry tomatoes
- couscous - 140g couscous
- vegetable-stock - 400ml hot vegetable stock
- frozen-pea - 140g frozen pea
- carrot - 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- coriander - small pack coriander, chopped
- mint - small pack mint, chopped
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for 30 mins (this prevents them burning when cooking on the griddle or barbecue). Put the lamb cubes in a large bowl with the spices and olive oil. Toss everything together well and season.
- Thread a piece of lamb onto a skewer, followed by a cherry tomato. Repeat, adding about 4 pieces of lamb and 4 cherry tomatoes to each skewer, until all are used up.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large bowl, pour over the hot vegetable stock and add the peas. Stir, then cover with cling film and leave to soak, about 5 mins.
- Heat a griddle pan. When all the liquid has soaked into the couscous, gently fluff up the grains using a fork, and stir in the carrot, herbs, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix everything together well, season and set aside.
- Place the skewers on the hot griddle pan and cook for 5-6 mins, then turn and cook for a further 5-6 mins until the meat and tomatoes are charred and cooked through. Serve the skewers with the couscous.
Immune-friendly recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has lamb, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, olive oil, cherry tomato, couscous, vegetable stock, frozen pea, carrot, coriander, mint, lemon and extra virgin olive oil.