- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 240
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.46g
Spiced pea & potato rolls
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- onion - 2 onions, finely sliced
- potato - 300g potatoes, cut into small cubes
- curry-paste - 1 heaped tbsp curry paste
- pea - 140g frozen or fresh peas
- filo-pastry - 4 large sheets filo pastry, cut in half
- tomato - tomatoes, onion and mango chutney, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Tip in the onions and cook until soft and golden, about 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil the potato cubes for 5 mins, until just tender, then drain. Tip into the softened onions and fry for 2 mins more. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 2 mins. Pop in the peas, plus 1 tbsp water. Cook for 1 min, give everything a good mix and season. Tip into a bowl to allow to cool slightly.
- Brush half the filo half-sheets with some of the remaining oil, then lay the remaining sheets on top so you have 4 x double layers. Spoon a 1/4 of the potato mix along one edge of each, leaving a bit of space at each end. Fold in the ends then roll up to seal. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet, brush with the remaining oil and bake for 20 mins, or until crisp. Serve warm with a dollop of mango chutney and a tomato & onion salad, if you like.
Healthy snack recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, onion, potato, curry paste, pea, filo pastry and tomato.