- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 565
- Fat Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 68g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.35g
Spiced pepper & corn soup
- red-chilli - 2 large red chillies
- red-pepper - 3 red peppers
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 small onion finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves crushed
- vegetable-stock - 1 1/2 l vegetable stock
- potato - 800g potatoes cut in to 2cm cubes
- frozen-sweetcorn-kernels - 450g frozen sweetcorn kernels thawed
- spring-onion - 6 spring onions very finely sliced
- freshly-chopped-coriander - 6 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- double-cream - 150ml double cream pot
- Grill chillies and peppers for 5-10 mins, turning often, until the skin is blistered and lightly charred. Place in a plastic bag, then set aside to cool. Once cooled, peel off the skins, deseed and roughly chop the flesh.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins. Add the vegetable stock and potatoes, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until tender.
- Allow to cool slightly. Place in a food processor, then process to a coarse puree. Return the mixture to the pan and bring to the boil. Add the sweetcorn and some of the chillies, peppers and spring onions, then simmer for 2 mins. Stir in the coriander and cream. Season, top with the remaining chilles, peppers and spring onions and serve with warmed pitta bread, if liked.
Immune-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has red chilli, red pepper, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, vegetable stock, potato, frozen sweetcorn kernels, spring onion, freshly chopped coriander and double cream.