- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 482
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 51g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Spiced roast side of salmon
- salmon - 1 1/2 kg side of salmon, skin on
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- ground-ginger - 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- black-peppercorn - 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black peppercorns
- wholegrain-mustard - 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- honey - 1 tsp honey
- lemon - 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a big roasting tin with baking parchment or foil - this helps to prevent the fish from sticking to the tin as it cooks. Brush the salmon skin with oil and place it, skin-side down, on the paper.
- Mix the ground ginger with the paprika, pepper, mustard, honey and 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread it evenly over the fleshy side of the fish.
- Roast, uncovered, for about 20 mins until the salmon is cooked through - check by poking a knife into the fillet and making sure the fish flakes easily.
- Serve directly from the tin, or use a couple of fish slices to carefully lift the salmon onto a big plate. Slice into portions and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Healthy salmon recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has salmon, olive oil, ground ginger, paprika, black peppercorn, wholegrain mustard, honey and lemon.Add to Favourites