- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 411
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.41g
Spiced sweet potato salad with crisp noodles
- sweet-potato - 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- cumin-seed - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- sunflower-oil - 2 tsp sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
- noodle - 25g dried fine egg noodle
- orange - zest and juice half an orange
- red-wine-vinegar - 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- spinach - 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- avocado - 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- red-onion - half a red onion, finely sliced
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Toss the potato chunks with the cumin, 1 tsp oil and some seasoning. Spread over a baking tray, then roast for 20-25 mins until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to pack instructions, then drain. Heat 1cm oil in a wok or deep pan until a piece of noodle dropped in begins to sizzle immediately. Fry the noodles in a couple of batches for 30 secs until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, then drain well on kitchen paper.
- When the potatoes are ready, whisk together the final tsp of oil with the orange zest and juice, red wine vinegar and a little seasoning. Tip the potatoes into a bowl with the spinach, avocado and red onion, drizzle with the dressing, then gently mix - with your hands is easiest. Divide between 2 plates and crumble over the crispy noodles.
Vegetarian salad recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has sweet potato, cumin seed, sunflower oil, noodle, orange, red wine vinegar, spinach, avocado and red onion.