- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 148
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.31g
Spicy baby aubergine stew with coriander & mint
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 2 red onions, sliced
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- red-chilli - 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced, or 2-3 dried red chillies left whole
- coriander-seed - 2 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
- cumin-seed - 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and crushed
- aubergine - 16 baby aubergines, left whole with stalk intact
- tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- sugar - 2 tsp sugar
- mint - bunch mint leaves, roughly chopped
- coriander - bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- couscous - couscous and yogurt to serve
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the onions and garlic and cook until they begin to colour. Add the chillies, coriander and cumin seeds. When the seeds give off a nutty aroma, toss in the whole aubergines, coating them in the onion and spices.
- Tip in tomatoes and sugar, cover and gently cook for 40 mins, until aubergines are tender.
- Season sauce and toss in half the mint and coriander. Cover and simmer for 2 mins. Sprinkle over remaining herbs and serve with couscous and yogurt.
Vegetarian casserole recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, red onion, garlic clove, red chilli, coriander seed, cumin seed, aubergine, tomato, sugar, mint, coriander and couscous.