- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 640
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 74g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 18g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 2.7g
Spicy black bean tacos
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- garlic-cloves - 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- black-beans - 3 x 400g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- cider-vinegar - 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- honey - 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- smoked-paprika - 1 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- ground-cumin - 1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- garlic-clove - 1 small garlic clove
- coriander - 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- green-chilli - 1 green chilli, sliced
- avocado - 2 avocados, halved and stoned
- lime - juice 1 lime
- pomegranate-seed - 110g pack pomegranate seeds
- green-chilli - 1 green chilli, finely diced
- onion - 1 small white onion, finely diced
- coriander - small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- flour-tortilla - 8-12 corn or flour tortillas
- chipotle - chipotle or other hot sauce
- soured-cream - soured cream or coconut yogurt
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add the garlic. Fry until golden, then add the beans. Pour in the cider vinegar, honey and spices along with 1 tsp or more of salt, to taste. Cook until warmed through, crushing gently with the back of your wooden spoon, then set aside.
- The best way to make the guacamole is with a large stone pestle and mortar, but you can use a medium bowl and a flat-ended rolling pin instead. Crush the garlic, coriander and chilli into a rough paste. Scoop in the avocado with a little salt and crush roughly - you want it chunky, not smooth. Squeeze in the lime juice and set aside.
- Mix the salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Heat a griddle pan or steamer and quickly griddle the tortillas or steam a stack of them to warm up. Reheat the bean mixture.
- To serve, put 1-2 heaped tbsp of beans on a tortilla. Top with a big spoonful of guacamole and some salsa, hot sauce and a dollop of soured cream or yogurt.
Mexican recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, garlic cloves, black beans, cider vinegar, honey, smoked paprika, ground cumin, garlic clove, coriander, green chilli, avocado, lime, pomegranate seed, green chilli, onion, coriander, flour tortilla, chipotle and soured cream.