- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 386
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 47g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Spicy Cajun chicken quinoa
- chicken-breast - 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- cajun-seasoning - 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- quinoa - 100g quinoa
- chicken-stock - 600ml hot chicken stock
- dried-apricot - 100g dried apricots, sliced
- lentil - 1/2 x 250g pouch ready-to-use Puy lentils
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- spring-onion - 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- coriander - small bunch coriander, chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chicken with the Cajun spice and arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin. Bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in the chicken stock for 15 mins until tender, adding the apricots and lentils for the final 5 mins. Drain and place into a large bowl with the chicken, toss together.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan and soften the onions for 10-15 mins. Toss the onions into the quinoa with the coriander and some seasoning, then mix well.
High protein lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has chicken breast, cajun seasoning, quinoa, chicken stock, dried apricot, lentil, olive oil, red onion, spring onion and coriander.