- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 588
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 73g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Spicy cauliflower rice with minty cucumber raita
- brown-basmati-rice - 85g brown basmati rice
- ground-turmeric - 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ground-coriander - 2 tsp ground coriander
- cardamom-pod - seeds from 6 cardamom pods
- ginger - 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- bay-leaf - 2 bay leaves
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- vegetable-bouillon - 2 tsp reduced-salt vegetable bouillon (wheat free if you're gluten free)
- creamed-coconut - 25g creamed coconut, chopped
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas (no need to drain)
- cauliflower-florets - 200g cauliflower florets, broken into bite-sized pieces
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- red-onion - 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- cumin-seeds - 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- natural-bio-yogurt - 150ml pot live natural bio yogurt
- cucumber - 1/4 cucumber, coarsely grated
- mint - 1/2 small pack mint, leaves chopped, a few left whole
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the rice in a saute pan with the turmeric, coriander, cardamom, ginger, bay leaves and chilli. Pour in 300ml water and add the bouillon and creamed coconut. Bring to the boil, cover the pan and leave to simmer for 15 mins. Add the chickpeas with their liquid (and a little more water if necessary), then cook, covered, for 10 mins more.
- Meanwhile, toss the cauliflower, red pepper and onion in the oil with the cumin seeds. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast for 20 mins until the vegetables are tender and a little charred around the edges.
- While the cauliflower and rice cook, make the raita by mixing together the yogurt, cucumber and chopped mint.
- When the cauliflower and rice are tender (the stock should be absorbed by now), toss the two together, scatter with the mint leaves and serve with the raita on the side.
Vegetarian lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has brown basmati rice, ground turmeric, ground coriander, cardamom pod, ginger, bay leaf, red chilli, vegetable bouillon, creamed coconut, chickpea, cauliflower florets, red pepper, red onion, rapeseed oil, cumin seeds, natural bio yogurt, cucumber and mint.