- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 157
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Spicy chilli bean soup
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- chilli-powder - 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- ground-cumin - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- vegetable-stock - 500ml vegetable stock
- can-mixed-beans - 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, cut into chunky dice
- tortilla-chip - tortilla chips, to serve
- lime - 4 limes wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan and fry the chopped onion over a medium heat until tender. Add the garlic and tomato puree, stirring for 1-2 mins until combined. Sprinkle in the spices and cook for another 1 min.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes, half fill the can with water, and add to the pan. Pour in the stock and simmer on a medium heat for 10-15 mins, uncovered. Season, then whizz using a hand blender until smooth. Add the beans and red pepper, and cook for another 15 mins until the pepper is tender.
- Serve in bowls topped with a small pile of tortilla chips and a lime wedge.
Vegetarian chilli recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic clove, tomato purée, chilli powder, ground cumin, chopped tomato, vegetable stock, can mixed beans, red pepper, tortilla chip and lime.