- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 359
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 65g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.07g
Spicy courgettes with saffron risotto
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- courgette - 600g small courgette, halved lengthways
- paprika - 1/2 tsp paprika
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- plum-tomato - 500g plum tomato, chopped
- red-chilli - 1 large red chilli, halved and deseeded
- caster-sugar - 1 tsp caster sugar
- risotto-rice - 250g pack saffron-flavoured risotto rice
- water - 600ml boiling water
- basil-leaf - fresh basil leaves and vegetarian parmesan-style cheese shavings, to garnish
- arborio-rice - arborio rice
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the courgettes and fry for 3-4 mins until browned. Sprinkle with paprika, drain, then transfer to a shallow ovenproof baking dish.
- Add the remaining oil to the frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chilli, sugar and seasoning, then cook for a further 2 mins. Spoon sauce over the courgettes, then put in the oven on a low shelf.
- Put the risotto rice into a casserole dish with the boiling water, then season. Cover and cook in the oven, above the courgettes, for 20 mins until the rice and courgettes are tender.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork, then spoon onto warmed serving plates. Top with the courgette mixture and garnish with fresh basil leaves and cheese.
Vegetarian risotto recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, courgette, paprika, onion, garlic clove, plum tomato, red chilli, caster sugar, risotto rice, water, basil leaf and arborio rice.Add to Favourites