- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 440
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Spicy harissa chicken with lentils
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- harissa - 50g harissa
- chicken-thigh - 500g chicken thigh, skin removed, boned and diced
- carrot - 1 medium carrot, grated
- puy-lentils - 200g dried Puy lentils
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- stock - 1.2l stock, made from 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- flat-leaf-parsley - flat-leaf parsley, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion on a low heat for 5-6 mins until softened and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more.
- Stir in the harissa, add the chicken and cook until well browned all over. Stir in the carrot, lentils and tomatoes, then add the stock so the chicken is fully immersed.
- Reduce the heat and cook, uncovered, for 30-35 mins until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, and the lentils are tender and have absorbed the liquid. Season well, scatter with parsley (if using) and serve.
One-pot recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, red onion, garlic clove, harissa, chicken thigh, carrot, puy lentils, chopped tomato, stock and flat-leaf parsley.