- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 293
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Spicy pork & aubergine
- olive-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 2 onions, sliced
- aubergine - 1 small aubergine (about 250g/9oz), trimmed and diced
- pork-fillet - 500g lean pork fillet, trimmed of any fat and sliced
- red-pepper - 2 sweet red peppers, seeded and cut into chunky strips
- curry-powder - 2-3 tbsp mild curry powder
- plum-tomato - 400g can plum tomatoes
- water - 150ml water
- basmati-rice - cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan with a lid. Tip in the onions and aubergine and fry for 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft and golden brown.
- Tip in the pork and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to brown. Mix in the pepper strips and stir fry for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder. Stir fry for a minute, then pour in the tomatoes and water. Stir vigorously, cover the pan and leave the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes break down to form a thick sauce (you can add a drop more water if the mixture gets too thick). Season with salt and pepper and serve with basmati rice.
Healthy pork recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, aubergine, pork fillet, red pepper, curry powder, plum tomato, water and basmati rice.