- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 260
- Fat Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.9g
Spicy prawn noodle salad
- glass-noodles - 200g glass noodles (available from thai-food-online.co.uk) or rice vermicelli
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, sliced
- lemongrass-stalks - 2 lemongrass stalks, sliced
- king-prawn - 300g raw jumbo king prawns
- mint - small handful mint
- coriander - small handful coriander
- thai-basil - small handful Thai basil
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- bird's-eye-chilli - 1 red bird's-eye chilli, roughly chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves
- lime - 2 limes, juiced
- fish-sauce - 2 tbsp fish sauce
- soft-brown-sugar - 1 tsp soft brown sugar or palm sugar
- Cook the noodles following pack instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in afrying panover a medium heat and cook the spring onions and lemongrass for 2 mins or until softened. Add the prawns and cook for 3 mins or until they have turned pink. Tip everything into a large bowl and allow to cool while you make the dressing.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a mini chopper and blitz until very finely chopped. Taste and add a little more sugar (to sweeten) and fish sauce (to make saltier), if you like. Tip the noodles into the bowl with the prawns, then add the rest of the ingredients and dressing, and toss really well before serving.
Quick Valentine’s Day recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has glass noodles, vegetable oil, spring onion, lemongrass stalks, king prawn, mint, coriander, thai basil, cucumber, bird’s-eye chilli, garlic clove, lime, fish sauce and soft brown sugar.