- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 305
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 52g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.84g
Spicy vegetable egg fried rice
- basmati-rice - 200g basmati rice or 400g/14oz leftover cooked rice
- red-chilli - 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and grated or very finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- carrot - 2 large carrots, diced
- chinese-cabbage - 200g Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- egg - 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, sliced
- frozen-pea - 200g frozen peas
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving, if you like
- If making the rice from scratch, cook it following pack instructions, then drain. Mix the chillies and garlic (in a pestle and mortar, if you have one) with a pinch of salt, to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the carrots and stir-fry for 5 mins until tender. Add the cabbage and chilli paste and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the cooked basmati or leftover rice and stir-fry for 1 min until piping hot.
- Push the rice mixture to one side of the pan. Add the eggs to the cleared space and scramble until set. Mix in the onions, peas and soy and stir-fry everything together until the peas are hot.
Healthy egg recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has basmati rice, red chilli, garlic clove, sunflower oil, carrot, chinese cabbage, egg, spring onion, frozen pea and soy sauce.