- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 198
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Spinach & pepper frittata
- large-egg - 5 large eggs
- cottage-cheese - 300g tub low-fat natural cottage cheese
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- parmesan - 15g finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- spinach - 225g frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed and finely chopped
- red-pepper - 2 roasted red peppers (not in oil), torn into strips
- nutmeg - generous grating of nutmeg
- cherry-tomato - 100g whole cherry tomato
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a 20cm sandwich tin with a single sheet of baking parchment if your tin has a loose bottom.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with the cottage cheese, garlic, half the Parmesan, the spinach, peppers, nutmeg and some black pepper. Tip into the tin, top with the tomatoes and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Bake for 40 mins until set all the way through and starting to puff up. Cut into wedges and serve hot or cold. Will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.
High-protein breakfast recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has large egg, cottage cheese, garlic clove, parmesan, spinach, red pepper, nutmeg and cherry tomato.